This Mango Salsa Chicken recipe was inspired by a weekend my family and I spent house sitting for my mom this past summer. Her favorite place to vacation is Hawaii and she loves it so much she turned her backyard into a Hawaiian oasis. As I spent the weekend there, I found myself dreaming about being on an island in Hawaii-soaking up all the rays and eating delicious fresh mangoes. I quickly ran in the kitchen and started putting together ingredients that would eventually become my first recipe blog post ever. It was just the right meal to enjoy sitting on my mom’s back patio with my family among the oasis of palm trees, watching the beautiful Pacific Northwest sunset.
As with every recipe I create or share, my goal is to show that you and your family can make all your favorite meals using clean ingredients.
This Clean Eating Mango Salsa Chicken is one of our family’s favorites from the fresh cilantro to the freshly squeezed lime, it pairs great with a side of asparagus or on a bed of brown rice.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and are able to find your own backyard oasis.
- 1 Cup of fresh Mango, diced
- 1/2 Cup of Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Cup of Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro, diced
- 1/2 Jalapeno, seeded, diced
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1/4 TSP Sea Salt
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 TSP Sea Salt
- 1/2 TSP Black Pepper
- 1 TSP Coconut Aminos
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TSP Onion Powder
- 1/2 TSP Cumin
- 1/2 TSP Coriander
- Add all the Mango Salsa ingredients to a food processor or manual chopper until you reached a desired consistency.
- For the chicken, marinate the chicken in the olive oil, black pepper, coconut aminos, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and coriander, then add to a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 40 min.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and add salsa to them each, then bake for an additional 5 min.
- You can also choose to not bake the salsa, but rather serve fresh on top of the chicken.
This recipe also works great for lunch the next day. Just add your Mango Salsa Chicken to your favorite salad and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 553mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 39g
nwmomlife.com, occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although nwmomlife.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.