Eating clean does not mean that you have to give up your favorite desserts. This Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cup recipe has become a favorite in our house. I love that it is packed with superfoods such as Cacao powder.
I also use cacao powder, pure maple syrup, and pure vanilla extract to make all my chocolate sauces. It’s a great alternative to using refined sugar and still packs a sweet punch.
- 1 Cup Cacoa Powder. I use Nativas.
- 1 Pure Maple Syrup
- 4 TBSP Peanut Butter (I use a one that has just peanuts and salt)
- 1/4 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 TSP Sea Salt
- In a medium sauce pan cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt, and cook on medium heat. Stirring consistently until the ingredients are mixed. Let it cool for a second ( you do not want it too cool too long or the chocolate sauce will not stay liquid).
- Then add a layer of chocolate sauce on the bottom of a freezer safe container. I have used both 12 piece muffin pans or individual muffin pans.
- Then add a TBSP of Peanut butter to each muffin pan (if using the 12 piece muffin pan, I would suggest a TSP of Peanut butter)
- Then layer a little more of the chocolate sauce on top.
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours, then serve.
- You can either use a spoon to eat them from or take them out of the pan and eat them by hand.
Stephanie is the founder of Clean Food Mama, a blog about a health journey, weight loss and getting more plants into your diet. She discusses her health journey and empowering others to do the same. She shed 125 lbs by incorporating a whole foods plant based diet. Click here to learn more about plant based foods.