This plant-based sour cream is oil-free, dairy-free, and can be made in under 10 minutes.
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (from the mother)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- In a high-speed blender or food processor add all the
ingredients and mix together until smooth
Add additional ingredient to desired taste. If you do not have a high-speed blender or food
processor, you will want to soak your cashews before-hand. In a small bowl add in cashews and hot water
and let soak for about 10-15 minutes.
- For added flavor, add your mixture to a plant-based yogurt
and mix together until smooth. You can
use a plant-based yogurt like Kite-Hill’s Unsweetened Almond Yogurt and enjoy!
Store unused amount in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Stephanie is the founder of Clean Food Mama, a blog about a health journey, weight loss and getting more plants into your diet. She discusses her health journey and empowering others to do the same. She shed 125 lbs by incorporating a whole foods plant based diet. Click here to learn more about plant based foods.